Lighted Paper Garland
Add an unexpected burst of light at your evening wedding!These paper lanterns are a cinch to create-and will be talked about by all of your guests!
-Cafe string lights
-Scissors (plus X-Acto knife if you have one)
-Glue (heavy duty)
-Craft paper (at least 14"x14")
-Pencil and eraser
Additional items: bone folder (for scoring folds), tape
1. Begin by printing out the template for the shape of the pennant. The template prints on two sheets of 8.5"x11" paper so trim off the margin on one side, line up the edges and tape the two sheets together on both sides before cutting out the shape. This template will also serve as a guide for where make your fold creases (the dotted lines).
2. Trace the shape onto your desired paper and cut out.
3. Next, refer to the template and use a bone folder to make your creases along the dotted line (try using a letter opener if you don’t have this tool). Fold the main creases so that you see the triangles form. This will help you find where to draw your design or letter on the other side before punching it out.
4. Turn the pennant over and draw your desired design or letter with pencil and then punch it out along the lines with a screw punch. Also, cut the slits in the top triangle of the pennant (guide shown on template).This is how you’ll pop the cafe light into the pennant.
5. Fold in the tabs, and working one at a time, apply glue and and attach to the opposite sides (note: if you don’t have good glue this stage will be very frustrating).
6. Hold each side together until the glue sets. Once the glue is dry gently pop the cafe bulb into the top of the pennant
Voila! You have these gorgeous lanterns-and weather permitting, completely reusable, too!
Credt: Once Wed